Wednesday, September 25, 2013

If friends doing good things give their friends good credibility – would their bad actions be just as contagious?

Welcome to a new blog I set up to address a single, simple question:

If friends doing good things give their friends good credibility –
would their bad actions be just as contagious?

Those that know the background to this question will know that it comes from a personal experience, where I (Zolna Murray) have made an assumption to join a company judging its integrity by its claimed long association with other apparently ‘decent’ companies.
(including the parent companies);
I had accepted employment despite of misgivings of the honesty of the company (publicly documented), because of the overwhelming implied wholesomeness of Gammon’s image in Hong Kong.
I claim that Gammon had acted with no integrity when they hired-and-swiftly-fired me and are (and have been) eager to prove this to the world.
No one has been interested in my side of this story.

Fair enough, what can a little squeaky mouse do alongside these elephants?

Maybe. Maybe things are just the way they are.
And again, I am new to Hong Kong, maybe Hong Kong is just totally different from anywhere else I worked/lived at and this behaviour is the norm.

Maybe.
It is hard for me to believe this to be the case still, no matter how particular the culture here is.
I am really hopefully, even if not convinced  that an investigation into the reaction of 6 selected long term associates (friends) of Gammon into this company’s action will bring up at least ONE that will say, ‘no, Mr Gammon, we object to you using us in this way’.

So, I’m on my way to try to get their opinion any way I can.
For a start, check out this link where I’m asking the question publicly from Swire.

click below:

If you want to know more about the background, there is plenty of information on the ‘parent blog’

No comments:

Post a Comment